Where do I send my check and to whom do I make it payable to?
Always send deposits to the custodian of your account. Always make checks payable to the custodian and reference your account number.
Who do I call to transfer funds?
Your custodian. As a Registered Investment Adviser we do not maintain custody of your assets. Fund transfers must be requested to your custodian.
How do you justify your fee?
- Our clients have access to 28 years of investment research experience
- Your account is reviewed on a regular basis with performance in mind
- We tailor the account to your objectives as they change
- Pressure to meet performance goals
- Our client service is customized to fit your needs
- Our goal is to get you to the finish line
Why is low turnover advantageous to my portfolio?
- We believe that actively trading your account leads to more commissions, and often, greater tax bills
- We believe there are not enough great companies out there to be buying and selling on a regular basis
- We believe that when you buy a stock you should become an owner of the company and not a trader
What are the advantages of a focus fund?
- Your portfolio is concentrated in the sectors that, in our opinion, offer the best risk/reward ratio
- The manager has 30-40 stocks to monitor closely in lieu of 500
- Your portfolio does not look like the market
What is the difference between a Broker-Dealer and a Registered Investment Adviser?
- May need your permission for each buy and sell
- Commission paid for every transaction
Registered Investment Adviser:
- Has discretion to buy and sell, so swift action may be taken whenever deemed appropriate
- Fee is based on a percent of market value which is an incentive to grow the value of the account through increased performance
- Benefit of constant monitoring to improve value of account
- Personalized research for each account
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.